Hypoglycemia?

Former Member
Former Member
I was wondering if any of the swimmers on this board has chronic hypoglycemia. How does it affect your swimming? I was diagnosed with the condition last year after living with the symptoms my whole life (I can remember feeling weak and dizzy frequently in elementary school.) I have completely eliminated sugar and refined carbohydrates from my diet, but exersize can still be a problem. Swimming seems to be easier on me, though. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    as I also have major symptoms of hypoglycemia...depending on what I eat. coffee and sugar can ruin my whole day, as will drinking alcohol the night before. all moring, and maybe all day I'll be in a dizzy fuz--you know the feeling. if I don't eat timely, I get it. hypo. is very hard to diagnosis, but the reality is that most people have symptoms regularlly. the bottom line is that if I neglect my diet, I've got the problems. and for me, toast of any kind sends me off the deep end. eggs and veggies are much better. I wish I never had to eat and could just run on water!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    as I also have major symptoms of hypoglycemia...depending on what I eat. coffee and sugar can ruin my whole day, as will drinking alcohol the night before. all moring, and maybe all day I'll be in a dizzy fuz--you know the feeling. if I don't eat timely, I get it. hypo. is very hard to diagnosis, but the reality is that most people have symptoms regularlly. the bottom line is that if I neglect my diet, I've got the problems. and for me, toast of any kind sends me off the deep end. eggs and veggies are much better. I wish I never had to eat and could just run on water!
Children
No Data