Shoulder Injury - Labrum Tear

I just got back from my last visit with my sports medicine doctor and he has recommeded orthoscopic surgery on my shoulder. After at least nine months of xray's, an mri, a cortizone shot, and a great rehab program the pain and catching in my shoulder just won't go away. After 30+ years of swimming and never having an injury that required surgery, I'm a little reluctant go under the knife. I wondering if any of you can give me some advice regarding labrum tear surgery, rehab, and recovery time. I am having a second opinion..... but would like to have more.. Thanks everyone.. Dennis
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    If anyone's curious what it looks like I've posted the arthroscopic videos of my SLAP tear repair here. Keep in mind it was diagnosed as a SLAP tear, but once the orthopod got in he discovered a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep tendon, and bone spur as well. Two weeks out ... not much to report yet.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    If anyone's curious what it looks like I've posted the arthroscopic videos of my SLAP tear repair here. Keep in mind it was diagnosed as a SLAP tear, but once the orthopod got in he discovered a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep tendon, and bone spur as well. Two weeks out ... not much to report yet.
Children
No Data