Shoulder Injury - Labrum Tear

I just got back from my last visit with my sports medicine doctor and he has recommeded orthoscopic surgery on my shoulder. After at least nine months of xray's, an mri, a cortizone shot, and a great rehab program the pain and catching in my shoulder just won't go away. After 30+ years of swimming and never having an injury that required surgery, I'm a little reluctant go under the knife. I wondering if any of you can give me some advice regarding labrum tear surgery, rehab, and recovery time. I am having a second opinion..... but would like to have more.. Thanks everyone.. Dennis
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Good luck with your rehab. The big question is what can be done to prevent another tear in the future, which is also relevant to those of us who have not suffered a SLAP injury yet (at least one that's been diagnosed).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Good luck with your rehab. The big question is what can be done to prevent another tear in the future, which is also relevant to those of us who have not suffered a SLAP injury yet (at least one that's been diagnosed).
Children
No Data