Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I read the post a few threads down about foggy googles. I'm having the same problem. Only I've been swimming for about 3 months and I've used the same pair since I started. The problem is not only constant fogginess, but they just dont seem to fit right anymore. Even when I stop after intervals, and I flush water through them, the second I put them back on they are foggy, I can barely see the lane lines, or the other swimmers in my lane. Is it time to get a new pair?
Parents
  • Wow...this was an old thread that was resurrected. But...I find that absolutely nothing in the goggles, and keeping the inside of the lenses perfectly clean is the trick to prevent them from fogging. The reason they fog is because of gunk build-up from stuff in the pool water...body lotions, hair products, deodorant gels, your own body excretions, etc...builds up over time and the moisture/fog sticks to that gunk. I clean the inside of my goggles weekly with mild soap and rinse it thoroughly. Also, let the goggles adjust to the water temp. I never have a fogging problem. Dan
  • Wow...this was an old thread that was resurrected. But...I find that absolutely nothing in the goggles, and keeping the inside of the lenses perfectly clean is the trick to prevent them from fogging. The reason they fog is because of gunk build-up from stuff in the pool water...body lotions, hair products, deodorant gels, your own body excretions, etc...builds up over time and the moisture/fog sticks to that gunk. I clean the inside of my goggles weekly with mild soap and rinse it thoroughly. Also, let the goggles adjust to the water temp. I never have a fogging problem. Dan
Children
No Data