Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I read the post a few threads down about foggy googles. I'm having the same problem. Only I've been swimming for about 3 months and I've used the same pair since I started. The problem is not only constant fogginess, but they just dont seem to fit right anymore. Even when I stop after intervals, and I flush water through them, the second I put them back on they are foggy, I can barely see the lane lines, or the other swimmers in my lane. Is it time to get a new pair?
Parents
  • With regard to fogging, I use a slight smear of baby shampoo, which I then rinse off in the water. I find this will last for a long workout, even if I take my goggles off at times, and also works for long (5K) open water swims. I used to use a commercial anti-fog, but found (a) it doesn't work as well and (b) when I didn't get it suitably rinsed off it hurt my eyes. A small drop of Johnson's baby shampoo on each lens and then let them sit in some moderately warm water for a few minutes and then rinse them off - after each swim, or about 1 to 2 times per week works great. I've had my goggles for years, and the anti-fog is long since gone. Get them wet before you put them on and dive in and maybe open them up to the water once or twice during warm-up and you shouldn't have any problems. If you forget and they fog, use saliva. Fog forms when the surface isn't completely clean, so the shampoo works great to keep them clean.
  • With regard to fogging, I use a slight smear of baby shampoo, which I then rinse off in the water. I find this will last for a long workout, even if I take my goggles off at times, and also works for long (5K) open water swims. I used to use a commercial anti-fog, but found (a) it doesn't work as well and (b) when I didn't get it suitably rinsed off it hurt my eyes. A small drop of Johnson's baby shampoo on each lens and then let them sit in some moderately warm water for a few minutes and then rinse them off - after each swim, or about 1 to 2 times per week works great. I've had my goggles for years, and the anti-fog is long since gone. Get them wet before you put them on and dive in and maybe open them up to the water once or twice during warm-up and you shouldn't have any problems. If you forget and they fog, use saliva. Fog forms when the surface isn't completely clean, so the shampoo works great to keep them clean.
Children
No Data