Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I read the post a few threads down about foggy googles. I'm having the same problem. Only I've been swimming for about 3 months and I've used the same pair since I started. The problem is not only constant fogginess, but they just dont seem to fit right anymore. Even when I stop after intervals, and I flush water through them, the second I put them back on they are foggy, I can barely see the lane lines, or the other swimmers in my lane. Is it time to get a new pair?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I have found the defogging solution made by Water Gear works well. Start with dry lenses, schmear it around and rinse lightly. A daub of baby shampoo done the same way works well too. I have goggles alternately on my eyes, than on my head for several hours when I am teaching. I occasionally have to rinse them in the water but all in all they do not fog up. I think that the word "Anti-fog" is just a catchy phrase that fits better on the packaging than "Doesn't fog up as much"
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I have found the defogging solution made by Water Gear works well. Start with dry lenses, schmear it around and rinse lightly. A daub of baby shampoo done the same way works well too. I have goggles alternately on my eyes, than on my head for several hours when I am teaching. I occasionally have to rinse them in the water but all in all they do not fog up. I think that the word "Anti-fog" is just a catchy phrase that fits better on the packaging than "Doesn't fog up as much"
Children
No Data