Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I read the post a few threads down about foggy googles. I'm having the same problem. Only I've been swimming for about 3 months and I've used the same pair since I started. The problem is not only constant fogginess, but they just dont seem to fit right anymore. Even when I stop after intervals, and I flush water through them, the second I put them back on they are foggy, I can barely see the lane lines, or the other swimmers in my lane. Is it time to get a new pair?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    One other thing. I had a habit of taking my goggles off between sets and rubbing my fingers in them. I had to learn to resist that urge. If you take them off or fumble with them so that water gets in there or your rub against the lenses, the anti-fog coating will wash off sooner. If you use the Speedo solution, once you get the goggles to stop fogging and get a good seal on your face, don't touch them. The less they go off and on your face the longer the coating will last. If there's fogging in the corner and you reach in there with your finger and wipe it away, you'll also wipe off the solution that's working on the rest of the lens, and soon the whole thing will be fogged. Sometimes I want to stomp my goggles. Gotta resist that urge too.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    One other thing. I had a habit of taking my goggles off between sets and rubbing my fingers in them. I had to learn to resist that urge. If you take them off or fumble with them so that water gets in there or your rub against the lenses, the anti-fog coating will wash off sooner. If you use the Speedo solution, once you get the goggles to stop fogging and get a good seal on your face, don't touch them. The less they go off and on your face the longer the coating will last. If there's fogging in the corner and you reach in there with your finger and wipe it away, you'll also wipe off the solution that's working on the rest of the lens, and soon the whole thing will be fogged. Sometimes I want to stomp my goggles. Gotta resist that urge too.
Children
No Data