Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I read the post a few threads down about foggy googles. I'm having the same problem. Only I've been swimming for about 3 months and I've used the same pair since I started. The problem is not only constant fogginess, but they just dont seem to fit right anymore. Even when I stop after intervals, and I flush water through them, the second I put them back on they are foggy, I can barely see the lane lines, or the other swimmers in my lane. Is it time to get a new pair?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I use the Speedo anti-fog solution with reasonable success. The anti-fog coating on my "anti-fog" goggles went away pretty quickly, and I needed a supplement. I have found the best way to use the Speedo solution is to coat the inside of the lenses with it before getting into the pool. I coat the lenses in the locker room to let them sit for a few minutes, then rinse them quickly just before getting into the pool to knock off the excess solution. You don't want to rinse them too much, because doing so will wash the coating right back off. Coat them, then just hit them with a quick splash in the sink or dip them in the pool quickly before putting them on. If you don't rinse the excess off, the solution will get in your eyes. It's not that bad, but it can make your eyeballs feel a little gummy. Occasionally, if I get a leak or otherwise wash off too much of the coating during my workout, I'll have to give them another hit with the spray to keep them from starting to fog again. For some reason my spit won't work as an anti-fog solution.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I use the Speedo anti-fog solution with reasonable success. The anti-fog coating on my "anti-fog" goggles went away pretty quickly, and I needed a supplement. I have found the best way to use the Speedo solution is to coat the inside of the lenses with it before getting into the pool. I coat the lenses in the locker room to let them sit for a few minutes, then rinse them quickly just before getting into the pool to knock off the excess solution. You don't want to rinse them too much, because doing so will wash the coating right back off. Coat them, then just hit them with a quick splash in the sink or dip them in the pool quickly before putting them on. If you don't rinse the excess off, the solution will get in your eyes. It's not that bad, but it can make your eyeballs feel a little gummy. Occasionally, if I get a leak or otherwise wash off too much of the coating during my workout, I'll have to give them another hit with the spray to keep them from starting to fog again. For some reason my spit won't work as an anti-fog solution.
Children
No Data