Is your pool too hot !

Former Member
Former Member
My local pool has just raised the water temp to 30 ' C ( 86 ' F ) ! At this temp I am exhausted after 4 lengths. A full workout of 60 to 90 mins is impossible without suffering heat exhaustion. They have already had 1 swimmer collapse on poolside after swimming hard for 40 mins. This has happened because a ' disabled swim group ' who use the pool for 45 mins once a week keep complaining about how cold the pool is. The pool management can't figure out the pool temp software so the temp is set that high for 24/7. It used to be 27' C ( 80.6' F ) and was then raised to 28'C (82.4 ' F ) 1 year ago. I can't set workouts for my club that cause heat distress if carried out so it is a nightmare. My training is on hold until i can change this and I will have to move my masters club to another pool if not changed. Maybe ' Shaky's ' pool has space for us ? Emmet Hines in his book says that 82 ' F ( 27.7' C ) is ideal for training, and that anything over 84' F ( 28.4 ' C ) is too hot. Does anyone else suffer through hot water temperatures ? Can anyone recommend online research that I can use to prove the dangers of excercising in hot water ?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    Yes, Gareth- our 25m pool was way too hot. Old folks doing aquasize etc complained the temp up to 86 degrees. Our only solution was to badger the city to build a new 50m competition pool-so we did-and they did! (smugly)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    Yes, Gareth- our 25m pool was way too hot. Old folks doing aquasize etc complained the temp up to 86 degrees. Our only solution was to badger the city to build a new 50m competition pool-so we did-and they did! (smugly)
Children
No Data