Taper for Masters swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
Hi I am looking for help. I want to know how masters swimmers plan out their Taper before competition. How long is it ? How much do you reduce the distance and intensity of your workouts ? How effective has it been? Do you Taper at all? I have found through my own swimming that the Taper for masters swimmers is not the same as for elite swimmers. I don't think that we need the same taper as we are not doing 50,000 + meters a week ! All of the research out there is written for elite swimmers. If anyone knows of an article dealing with taper for masters swimmers then please tell me. I am thinking of writing a paper on this if I can get enough info. If you could say how you plan your Taper, what your weekly volumes are and the events you swim then I would be eternally thankfull.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    y'know, i posted the same question a while back, and while everybody seemed to read it, no one responded!:confused: i'm still interested in hearing what people have to say, primarily for the reason that my yardage seems to be pretty high compared to what others are doing. anybody have anymore insight?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    y'know, i posted the same question a while back, and while everybody seemed to read it, no one responded!:confused: i'm still interested in hearing what people have to say, primarily for the reason that my yardage seems to be pretty high compared to what others are doing. anybody have anymore insight?
Children
No Data