Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?

As a follow-up to a thread in progress: Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?
Parents
  • I think the reason is that there are very few venues that could provide 2 courses of SCM at the same time. The primary pools that my team uses are 50m x 25 yards. They could certainly be configured as SCM, but only 1 course, as they are for our small local team meets. The pools can certainly be configured to have 2 courses of 25 yards at the same time. As Allen previously mentioned, IUPUI in Indianapolis can run two 25 meter courses. The point I was trying to make is that USMS rules allow for the spring nationals to be either SCY or SCM. And if a viable bid was submitted with two SCM courses, I'd hope that the Championship Committee would seriously consider it as an attractive alternative to the same old boring SCY.
  • I think the reason is that there are very few venues that could provide 2 courses of SCM at the same time. The primary pools that my team uses are 50m x 25 yards. They could certainly be configured as SCM, but only 1 course, as they are for our small local team meets. The pools can certainly be configured to have 2 courses of 25 yards at the same time. As Allen previously mentioned, IUPUI in Indianapolis can run two 25 meter courses. The point I was trying to make is that USMS rules allow for the spring nationals to be either SCY or SCM. And if a viable bid was submitted with two SCM courses, I'd hope that the Championship Committee would seriously consider it as an attractive alternative to the same old boring SCY.
Children
No Data