Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?

As a follow-up to a thread in progress: Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I voted for the SCM National Championship between 11/15 and 12/31 because I think it would be a good opportunity for swimmers who want to go to a National meet at that time or who do not have a local meet they can or want to attend. There are good quality SCM meets all over and I don't think having a SCM National meet will change that. There are also good quality SCY meets too. People will go where they can when they can and may not go every year - regardless of whether we are talking about SCY, LCM or SCM. I think it's a good idea to have more choices for people regarding meets. The zone, LMSC championships and other great meets vary in timing from mid-October to mid-December now. Leave the timing as is. I like swimming SCY in the winter/spring (the only pools open here are SCY - and a few SCM but not many), LCM in the summer (the only time when LC pools are open here in the chilly Northeast) and SCM season in the fall/winter (as discussed above, a few pools are SCM but you are also still working off the LCM base you built in the summer).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I voted for the SCM National Championship between 11/15 and 12/31 because I think it would be a good opportunity for swimmers who want to go to a National meet at that time or who do not have a local meet they can or want to attend. There are good quality SCM meets all over and I don't think having a SCM National meet will change that. There are also good quality SCY meets too. People will go where they can when they can and may not go every year - regardless of whether we are talking about SCY, LCM or SCM. I think it's a good idea to have more choices for people regarding meets. The zone, LMSC championships and other great meets vary in timing from mid-October to mid-December now. Leave the timing as is. I like swimming SCY in the winter/spring (the only pools open here are SCY - and a few SCM but not many), LCM in the summer (the only time when LC pools are open here in the chilly Northeast) and SCM season in the fall/winter (as discussed above, a few pools are SCM but you are also still working off the LCM base you built in the summer).
Children
No Data