Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?

As a follow-up to a thread in progress: Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I'll chime in to support Phil's position. I don't believe that under the current national championship format that USMS can support three quality national championships per year. Having said that, I think there is great merit in giving bidders for SCY Championships the option of offering the SCM (we would then rename then Short Course Championship). I believe that quite a few swimmers (me included) would welcome the chance to swim SCM head-to-head against fellow SCM competitors--at a national meet. Add New England to the regions that currently offer a high quality SCM regional meet. Last year, we had 300+ competitors and our SCM meets are growing at better than 10% a year. And it just so happens that in my age group (50-54) the regional competiton is very intense--so I can't really complain about lack of head-to-head competition.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I'll chime in to support Phil's position. I don't believe that under the current national championship format that USMS can support three quality national championships per year. Having said that, I think there is great merit in giving bidders for SCY Championships the option of offering the SCM (we would then rename then Short Course Championship). I believe that quite a few swimmers (me included) would welcome the chance to swim SCM head-to-head against fellow SCM competitors--at a national meet. Add New England to the regions that currently offer a high quality SCM regional meet. Last year, we had 300+ competitors and our SCM meets are growing at better than 10% a year. And it just so happens that in my age group (50-54) the regional competiton is very intense--so I can't really complain about lack of head-to-head competition.
Children
No Data