Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?

As a follow-up to a thread in progress: Should Masters Hold a Short Course Meters National Championship?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    Paul; it isn't so much that backstroke is "bad", it is just that backstroke is so far down the list........... You see, there is a natural hierarchy in swimming strokes which many are not aware of. The bottom feeders are, of course, ***-strokers; since it isn't a real stroke anyway. In Europe and Asia, that is what they teach children who cannot master any other stroke. Next up are those poor devils, the backstrokers. I've heard it said that men are from Mars, women from Venus and backstrokers are from Uranus. Whatever that means..... Next come distance freestylers, with a sub-grouping of 200 flyers and 400 IM'ers included. Up another rung and you find the freestyle sprinters........and, naturally, at the apex - the creme-de-la-creme of swimming, sprint flyers. So now you know the ranking system. I don't make this stuff up, you know ! ;)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    Paul; it isn't so much that backstroke is "bad", it is just that backstroke is so far down the list........... You see, there is a natural hierarchy in swimming strokes which many are not aware of. The bottom feeders are, of course, ***-strokers; since it isn't a real stroke anyway. In Europe and Asia, that is what they teach children who cannot master any other stroke. Next up are those poor devils, the backstrokers. I've heard it said that men are from Mars, women from Venus and backstrokers are from Uranus. Whatever that means..... Next come distance freestylers, with a sub-grouping of 200 flyers and 400 IM'ers included. Up another rung and you find the freestyle sprinters........and, naturally, at the apex - the creme-de-la-creme of swimming, sprint flyers. So now you know the ranking system. I don't make this stuff up, you know ! ;)
Children
No Data