Endless Pools and Their Competitors

Former Member
Former Member
I am seriously considering investing in an Endless Pool. I would like to hear about other people's experience with them or their competitors (SwimEx, etc.) from various perspectives -- ease of maintenance, finding qualified individuals to fix it if something goes wrong, quality of workout for a fairly avid swimmer (1:05 100M free, 45 year old male), workout for more recreational swimmers, buying various options including dimensions and speed, differentiation amongst brands, how important it is to "take test drive" before buying, installation considerations. Any comments, ideas or other thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I don't mind answering your question. I spent a total of $37k on my installation. I paid about $5k to the person who installed the pool, paid $2500 to have a hole dug whole for the extra depth section and get a 6" cement foundation poured, paid $1500 to get electrical hook-ups done, paid $1200 to get the gas hooked up to the optional gas heater, and the rest (about $26,800) was for the pool and all it's components. The standard Endless Pool does cost around $18k and it does have everything you need. You can do it yourself but it is a big job. I know some people have set up their pool in a garage or basement and for those locations, the $18k package is just fine. I wanted many extras. Again, it took me almost 3 years or more to get to the point to buy one. I'm glad I did. Of course, I'm also not married yet so not sure how easy it would have been to get a wife to go along with the decision......
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    I don't mind answering your question. I spent a total of $37k on my installation. I paid about $5k to the person who installed the pool, paid $2500 to have a hole dug whole for the extra depth section and get a 6" cement foundation poured, paid $1500 to get electrical hook-ups done, paid $1200 to get the gas hooked up to the optional gas heater, and the rest (about $26,800) was for the pool and all it's components. The standard Endless Pool does cost around $18k and it does have everything you need. You can do it yourself but it is a big job. I know some people have set up their pool in a garage or basement and for those locations, the $18k package is just fine. I wanted many extras. Again, it took me almost 3 years or more to get to the point to buy one. I'm glad I did. Of course, I'm also not married yet so not sure how easy it would have been to get a wife to go along with the decision......
Children
No Data