The worst pool in the world ?

Former Member
Former Member
How about some reminiscing about the worst pools you ever were forced to work out and/or compete in ?? Our old pool was 20 yards long, with gutters and the deck was about 2 feet above that. The water level was always low, so it was like ocean swimming every day. There were no starting blocks and the "lane lines" were nylon cord with a plastic bobber every 3 feet or so. The water was always quite warm to accomodate the family swims and lessons that were also sharing the pool during the day. Since goggles had not yet been invented and the only antiseptic method was chlorine (lots of it), we would have those chlorine "light halos" until the next day. The kick-boards were solid, varnished wood and they doubled as pull-buoys. There were no fins or hand paddles. Thank the higher power of your choice that we had a GREAT coach. Oh, did I mention that they used to beat us with knives??? Bert
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    The worst pool I ever saw was about 30 feet by 30 feet and 46 feet deep. It was about 90 degrees F. There was no lifeguard, no lines on the bottom, no backstroke flags, no gutters and no pace clock. The lighting was very dim. There was a frayed life buoy hanging on a railing. You needed a special pass to even get into the building. Because of contamination in the water, special showers were available following the use of the pool. I guess the best thing about it was that crystal clear and no chlorine. Never saw anyone even get into it. Must have been the spent nuclear fuel on the bottom.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    The worst pool I ever saw was about 30 feet by 30 feet and 46 feet deep. It was about 90 degrees F. There was no lifeguard, no lines on the bottom, no backstroke flags, no gutters and no pace clock. The lighting was very dim. There was a frayed life buoy hanging on a railing. You needed a special pass to even get into the building. Because of contamination in the water, special showers were available following the use of the pool. I guess the best thing about it was that crystal clear and no chlorine. Never saw anyone even get into it. Must have been the spent nuclear fuel on the bottom.
Children
No Data