Pregnant Lifeguard

I hope this doesnâ€Tmt sound sexist. That certainly is not my intent. So one of the lifeguards at my pool is pregnant. To be honest...in all the years Iâ€Tmve been swimming (about four decades) I canâ€Tmt recall that Iâ€Tmve ever seen a pregnant lifeguard actually ‘guarding.â€Tm Iâ€Tmve been a certified lifeguard myself for a good portion of my life so I know what can be expected to happen on the job. But my reason for concern isnâ€Tmt really her ability to perform a rescue in her present condition. Itâ€Tms more for the safety of the fetus. In a rescue, the victim can be kicking and flailing extensively. If she were to get kicked in the belly...it could be deadly for the fetus. Iâ€Tmm a little surprised that sheâ€Tms allowed to guard while pregnant. Dan
Parents
  • I know in the "old days" we had to learn the cross-chest carry and we had very active volunteer "victim's" in the training courses. But these days don't they teach them methods that almost have no physical contact with an active victim? For instance, they carry those red rectangular buoys to use for the rescue (e.g. you extend the buoy to the "active" victim and the victim grabs it and then you tow them to safety without risk of the victim jumping on top of you).
  • I know in the "old days" we had to learn the cross-chest carry and we had very active volunteer "victim's" in the training courses. But these days don't they teach them methods that almost have no physical contact with an active victim? For instance, they carry those red rectangular buoys to use for the rescue (e.g. you extend the buoy to the "active" victim and the victim grabs it and then you tow them to safety without risk of the victim jumping on top of you).
Children
No Data