Critique my strokes?

Hi, Forumites! These are my stokes after 11 weeks off due to COVID-19. Any constructive criticism (aside from going crooked on the second 25 of my backstroke! :blush:) would be much appreciated! Thanks! www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Re: BR, I'm very hesitant to say anything about your pull since given you phisical problems it looks good. You could glide further during the pullout after the pull down. You start the recovery too soon, slowing down some free speed. On the pull recovery, you are shooting your arms forward at a downward angle, which slows you a little. Overall great given the layoff. Thanks, King Frog! I noticed the same thing on the pullout when I reviewed the video. I was counting 2 seconds for pulldown, and then one for the recovery before taking my first stroke. I guess I have lost my sense of timing. Until I get it back, I will look at my watch for several seconds and count off the seconds to get a sense of timing. Regarding my pull, I know you're hesitant, but what would you have recommended (just out of curiosity)? The pull recovery was something I was working on before the lockdown, and I had broken the habit of that downward angle. I guess need to remind myself again to reach straight forward and keep my arms by my ears! Thanks again, King Frog! I always appreciate your expert feedback! :chug:
  • Re: BR, I'm very hesitant to say anything about your pull since given you phisical problems it looks good. You could glide further during the pullout after the pull down. You start the recovery too soon, slowing down some free speed. On the pull recovery, you are shooting your arms forward at a downward angle, which slows you a little. Overall great given the layoff. Thanks, King Frog! I noticed the same thing on the pullout when I reviewed the video. I was counting 2 seconds for pulldown, and then one for the recovery before taking my first stroke. I guess I have lost my sense of timing. Until I get it back, I will look at my watch for several seconds and count off the seconds to get a sense of timing. Regarding my pull, I know you're hesitant, but what would you have recommended (just out of curiosity)? The pull recovery was something I was working on before the lockdown, and I had broken the habit of that downward angle. I guess need to remind myself again to reach straight forward and keep my arms by my ears! Thanks again, King Frog! I always appreciate your expert feedback! :chug:
Children
No Data