Anyone concerned about risks to our family?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter what the CDC says about chlorine killing the virus, my family is very concerned about my return to the pool, due to those who spit, pee, sweat in the pool, and particularly the heavy breathing above the water by other swimmers. Not to mention that they don't 100% believe that chlorine kills the virus, since we are inundated with contradictory recommendations and cautions. Is anyone staying away from pools until it really is "safe" -- the cases don't rise significantly? I worry about being the carrier to my family, esp. my grandson, who I watch and adore. I admit, I'm concerned about safety above the water, no matter what precautions the pools say they are taking. I swam indoors and watched guards look the other way when people don't shower off before getting in, or spit in the pool, and I've seen worse that I won't share here.
Parents
  • From what I understand about banning pool toys, some of them, such as large noodles and floats can come in contact with other swimmers ABOVE water, and the contamination can be transferred. I remember last summer when I was floating around in the recreation part of the pool after a swim , I was inadvertently hit in the face with pool noodles and floats a few times. It was no big deal, but it could be now. The is what happens with those toys above the surface of the water.
  • From what I understand about banning pool toys, some of them, such as large noodles and floats can come in contact with other swimmers ABOVE water, and the contamination can be transferred. I remember last summer when I was floating around in the recreation part of the pool after a swim , I was inadvertently hit in the face with pool noodles and floats a few times. It was no big deal, but it could be now. The is what happens with those toys above the surface of the water.
Children
No Data