Anyone concerned about risks to our family?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter what the CDC says about chlorine killing the virus, my family is very concerned about my return to the pool, due to those who spit, pee, sweat in the pool, and particularly the heavy breathing above the water by other swimmers. Not to mention that they don't 100% believe that chlorine kills the virus, since we are inundated with contradictory recommendations and cautions. Is anyone staying away from pools until it really is "safe" -- the cases don't rise significantly? I worry about being the carrier to my family, esp. my grandson, who I watch and adore. I admit, I'm concerned about safety above the water, no matter what precautions the pools say they are taking. I swam indoors and watched guards look the other way when people don't shower off before getting in, or spit in the pool, and I've seen worse that I won't share here.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    www.nytimes.com/.../coronavirus-lung-transplant.html Call it an anomaly if you prefer, though I doubt that would be of much solace to this 20 year old patient. To me, it also points to the fact that the number of deaths in a given age group only tell part of the story. There are others who survive, yet may have lifelong health issues because of their COVID infection. Hi, scyfreestyler, my post wasn't meant to elicit a thread about who is at risk. I'm wondering how many fellow masters swimmers are not as concerned about placing family members at risk by going back into the pools. CDC says the chlorine kills the virus, yet no pool toys or pool equipment (in some pools) cannot be brought in. If the chlorine kills the virus, shouldn't it kill possible virus particles on pool toys and kickboards, etc.? It's just too contradictory. And as many have pointed out here, it's about the swimmers breathing hard next to us, the air itself, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    www.nytimes.com/.../coronavirus-lung-transplant.html Call it an anomaly if you prefer, though I doubt that would be of much solace to this 20 year old patient. To me, it also points to the fact that the number of deaths in a given age group only tell part of the story. There are others who survive, yet may have lifelong health issues because of their COVID infection. Hi, scyfreestyler, my post wasn't meant to elicit a thread about who is at risk. I'm wondering how many fellow masters swimmers are not as concerned about placing family members at risk by going back into the pools. CDC says the chlorine kills the virus, yet no pool toys or pool equipment (in some pools) cannot be brought in. If the chlorine kills the virus, shouldn't it kill possible virus particles on pool toys and kickboards, etc.? It's just too contradictory. And as many have pointed out here, it's about the swimmers breathing hard next to us, the air itself, etc.
Children
No Data