Anyone concerned about risks to our family?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter what the CDC says about chlorine killing the virus, my family is very concerned about my return to the pool, due to those who spit, pee, sweat in the pool, and particularly the heavy breathing above the water by other swimmers. Not to mention that they don't 100% believe that chlorine kills the virus, since we are inundated with contradictory recommendations and cautions. Is anyone staying away from pools until it really is "safe" -- the cases don't rise significantly? I worry about being the carrier to my family, esp. my grandson, who I watch and adore. I admit, I'm concerned about safety above the water, no matter what precautions the pools say they are taking. I swam indoors and watched guards look the other way when people don't shower off before getting in, or spit in the pool, and I've seen worse that I won't share here.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    So I looked at the data. *** data.cdc.gov/.../data *** The table is somewhat confusing and has redundancies in it. If I got it correctly (and I might not have, please correct me, if appropriate). *** This is provisional as of 5/30 *** 88,243 total US deaths. *** 29214 of these over one quarter (27.4 %) were 85 years old or older. *** 23612 were between 75 and 84. *** 18360 were 65-74. *** Note 80.7% of the deaths were 65 years old or older. *** 10560 were 55-64. *** 6345 were 25-54 *** Note 99.8% of the deaths were 25 and older. *** 126 were people under 24 *** Note: 0.14% of covids deaths were people 24 years old or younger. *** These are the deaths. *** There are, as Gull points out, a variety of other untoward results. *** How many people under 24 have died in US auto accidents so far this year? Is it over 10.000? Or under 10,000? I don't actually know, but it's close. *** And remember, with car accidents, there are also many, many people who are life-long disabled for every death, "with a broad range of severity." *** I would worry more about your grandchild if you took them with you when you drive to the pool than from covid.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    So I looked at the data. *** data.cdc.gov/.../data *** The table is somewhat confusing and has redundancies in it. If I got it correctly (and I might not have, please correct me, if appropriate). *** This is provisional as of 5/30 *** 88,243 total US deaths. *** 29214 of these over one quarter (27.4 %) were 85 years old or older. *** 23612 were between 75 and 84. *** 18360 were 65-74. *** Note 80.7% of the deaths were 65 years old or older. *** 10560 were 55-64. *** 6345 were 25-54 *** Note 99.8% of the deaths were 25 and older. *** 126 were people under 24 *** Note: 0.14% of covids deaths were people 24 years old or younger. *** These are the deaths. *** There are, as Gull points out, a variety of other untoward results. *** How many people under 24 have died in US auto accidents so far this year? Is it over 10.000? Or under 10,000? I don't actually know, but it's close. *** And remember, with car accidents, there are also many, many people who are life-long disabled for every death, "with a broad range of severity." *** I would worry more about your grandchild if you took them with you when you drive to the pool than from covid.
Children
No Data