Anyone concerned about risks to our family?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter what the CDC says about chlorine killing the virus, my family is very concerned about my return to the pool, due to those who spit, pee, sweat in the pool, and particularly the heavy breathing above the water by other swimmers. Not to mention that they don't 100% believe that chlorine kills the virus, since we are inundated with contradictory recommendations and cautions. Is anyone staying away from pools until it really is "safe" -- the cases don't rise significantly? I worry about being the carrier to my family, esp. my grandson, who I watch and adore. I admit, I'm concerned about safety above the water, no matter what precautions the pools say they are taking. I swam indoors and watched guards look the other way when people don't shower off before getting in, or spit in the pool, and I've seen worse that I won't share here.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    From today's NYT, reporting on remarks made by Dr. Fauci at a biotechnology conference: But much is still unknown about the disease and how it attacks the body, research that Dr. Fauci described as “a work in progress.” Another looming question, he said, was whether survivors who were seriously ill would fully recover. Dr. Fauci said that he had spent much of his career studying H.I.V., and that the disease it caused was “really simple compared to whatâ€Tms going on with Covid-19.” The differences, he said, included Covidâ€Tms broad range of severity: no symptoms at all to critical illness and death, with lung damage, intense immune responses and clotting disorders that have caused strokes even in young people, as well as a separate inflammatory syndrome causing severe illness in some children.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    From today's NYT, reporting on remarks made by Dr. Fauci at a biotechnology conference: But much is still unknown about the disease and how it attacks the body, research that Dr. Fauci described as “a work in progress.” Another looming question, he said, was whether survivors who were seriously ill would fully recover. Dr. Fauci said that he had spent much of his career studying H.I.V., and that the disease it caused was “really simple compared to whatâ€Tms going on with Covid-19.” The differences, he said, included Covidâ€Tms broad range of severity: no symptoms at all to critical illness and death, with lung damage, intense immune responses and clotting disorders that have caused strokes even in young people, as well as a separate inflammatory syndrome causing severe illness in some children.
Children
No Data