When we return to swimming.

For me, it's now going on four weeks since my last swim. We were in Turks and Caicos March 7-14 for spring break where I was doing daily open-water swims along the beach. My last swim was a 3-miler on March 13. When we got back to the U.S., we had to go into mandated 14-day quarantine so I wasn't able to get out to go to the pool before they all closed. Who knows when I'll swim again...either open-water warming up (I live in RI), or pools opening again. I am maintaining fitness with bike rides, and a run here and there. And I know I there is other 'dry land' training I could be doing. But my concern when returning to the water is injuring myself because of doing TMTS. I'm just that kind of athlete. Raise you're hand if you think you're a candidate for a TMTS injury too. Dan
Parents
  • Just finished my first lap swimming in a pool in six months. I was actually working a lifeguard shift at the pool...which is currently operating on a reservation-only basis...and no one was scheduled to show up for the 10:00am-11:00am time slot. So I got in and was able to get in 2400 meters that included a 400m warmup, and 20x100m free. I have been swimming most of the spring, and through summer...but in the open water, or thethered swims in my home pool. I had thought I might muff up my flip turns. But no! It's like riding a bike I tell ya. Dan
  • Just finished my first lap swimming in a pool in six months. I was actually working a lifeguard shift at the pool...which is currently operating on a reservation-only basis...and no one was scheduled to show up for the 10:00am-11:00am time slot. So I got in and was able to get in 2400 meters that included a 400m warmup, and 20x100m free. I have been swimming most of the spring, and through summer...but in the open water, or thethered swims in my home pool. I had thought I might muff up my flip turns. But no! It's like riding a bike I tell ya. Dan
Children
No Data