When we return to swimming.

For me, it's now going on four weeks since my last swim. We were in Turks and Caicos March 7-14 for spring break where I was doing daily open-water swims along the beach. My last swim was a 3-miler on March 13. When we got back to the U.S., we had to go into mandated 14-day quarantine so I wasn't able to get out to go to the pool before they all closed. Who knows when I'll swim again...either open-water warming up (I live in RI), or pools opening again. I am maintaining fitness with bike rides, and a run here and there. And I know I there is other 'dry land' training I could be doing. But my concern when returning to the water is injuring myself because of doing TMTS. I'm just that kind of athlete. Raise you're hand if you think you're a candidate for a TMTS injury too. Dan
Parents
  • The tether I have is the one at this link which, interestingly, is listed as "currently out of stock." www.swimoutlet.com/.../ Dan My next door neighbor has a backyard heated pool, and he's offered to let me use it, and I looked into a tether, but came up short with all of the, "out of stock," on nearly every website. It would be convenient, I could just walk over, and they don't use the pool early in the morning when I'd want to. But now that I've found some lakes, I'm set. :applaud:
  • The tether I have is the one at this link which, interestingly, is listed as "currently out of stock." www.swimoutlet.com/.../ Dan My next door neighbor has a backyard heated pool, and he's offered to let me use it, and I looked into a tether, but came up short with all of the, "out of stock," on nearly every website. It would be convenient, I could just walk over, and they don't use the pool early in the morning when I'd want to. But now that I've found some lakes, I'm set. :applaud:
Children
No Data