Swimming Substitute: Resistance Paddles

Former Member
Former Member
Anybody here use these: thelifeguardstore.com/strechcordz-with-paddles-41594.html If so, any recommendations on what level of resistance/color to get?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Well nevermind about the GCBS. That just got cancelled. Sigh.
  • I have used these in the past. a good workout if you stay at it for a while. Not sure of resistance level without knowing of any physical limits.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I have used these in the past. a good workout if you stay at it for a while. Not sure of resistance level without knowing of any physical limits. Ok, great. I'm looking for something to keep my shoulders in shape on the off chance that the open water events I signed up for this summer still happen (GCBS, NEK Swim Week, and Round the Sound).
  • I got this exact product from Swim 2000 several days ago. I got the green resistance level which I find right on the edge for me resistance wise if you’re training for power/speed. 40-50 reps all I can manage if you start with them taught. If you’re going for endurance (e.g. 10+ minutes) I’d definite go lighter. Maybe yellow. BTW, I’m 75 year old sprinter but still relatively strong. I use Stretchcordz as well along with my TRX and a host of medicine balls etc. check swim outlet and Amazon they might have some available...I got the green and blue cords...I am 63 and they are perfect for me
  • I got this exact product from Swim 2000 several days ago. I got the green resistance level which I find right on the edge for me resistance wise if you’re training for power/speed. 40-50 reps all I can manage if you start with them taught. If you’re going for endurance (e.g. 10+ minutes) I’d definite go lighter. Maybe yellow. BTW, I’m 75 year old sprinter but still relatively strong.
  • Right now we are moving and my workouts seem to be lifting boxes and bringing them to the new house!