wet suits

Former Member
Former Member
looking for suggestions for best wet suit for training in 50 degree swimming pool. probably prefer front zipper or no zipper. is it necessary to get one with a hood too? thank you train every day but never in a wet suit
Parents
  • Unless this is an outdoor pool...just wondering why it's at 50°F. Dan, Trip thinks he can get a leg up on me by training in our LCM pool now (they just filled it Sunday and turned the pumps on yesterday), and thinks I won't touch the water if it is super cold. He is dead wrong. But anyways, the water temp is probably somewhere between 50 and 60 degrees (closer to 50 is my guess) because it has no heater (only a "chiller" for the dog days of summer when our LCM pool can actually get quite warm). He wants to train in it immediately and a wet suit may afford him the ability to do it (because lets face it, it WOULD be kind of crazy to swim in a 50 degree pool in just a jammer or brief!).
  • Unless this is an outdoor pool...just wondering why it's at 50°F. Dan, Trip thinks he can get a leg up on me by training in our LCM pool now (they just filled it Sunday and turned the pumps on yesterday), and thinks I won't touch the water if it is super cold. He is dead wrong. But anyways, the water temp is probably somewhere between 50 and 60 degrees (closer to 50 is my guess) because it has no heater (only a "chiller" for the dog days of summer when our LCM pool can actually get quite warm). He wants to train in it immediately and a wet suit may afford him the ability to do it (because lets face it, it WOULD be kind of crazy to swim in a 50 degree pool in just a jammer or brief!).
Children
No Data