Check out this rope trainer machine - Good for swimmers?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, At the gym today I noticed this new rope trainer machine called Marpo VLT Rope Trainer. I started using it to simulate a high-elbow catch and pull. It seems like it could be pretty effective. Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this or something similar? The images below expand if you click on them. 12296 Below is a diagram from the VMX model that shows which muscles are used - but I think its the same with the VLT. 12297
Parents
  • I’ve seen a couple of those in my pool/gym. Funny...I’ve always considered my swimming as training for my position on the sailboat I race on weekly in summers. I work the mast and am responsible for hoisting the sails. Many of the same upper body muscles used in swimming, and strength are needed to hoist the sails. I figured I’d use this machine to augment my sailing. Dan
  • I’ve seen a couple of those in my pool/gym. Funny...I’ve always considered my swimming as training for my position on the sailboat I race on weekly in summers. I work the mast and am responsible for hoisting the sails. Many of the same upper body muscles used in swimming, and strength are needed to hoist the sails. I figured I’d use this machine to augment my sailing. Dan
Children
No Data