Hard Lane lines

Former Member
Former Member
I'm a lane line hugger and due to thinning skin (age), on the few occasions that I hit the lane line, I've ended up badly bruised or bleeding from cut skin. Last week, I had to stop my workout, as the lane line "fileted" the skin off my knuckle, causing bleeding. Ouch! Is there any hope that in the near future, these awful rock hard plastic lane lines will be replaced with swimmer friendly material?
Parents
  • I'm a lane line hugger and due to thinning skin (age), on the few occasions that I hit the lane line, I've ended up badly bruised or bleeding from cut skin. Last week, I had to stop my workout, as the lane line "fileted" the skin off my knuckle, causing bleeding. Ouch! Is there any hope that in the near future, these awful rock hard plastic lane lines will be replaced with swimmer friendly material? honestly, if the beads on the ropes go soft, they start to snap off and then instead of just filleted skin, you have to worry about slicing a finger off because the beads have turned into ninja shirukens. Best advice I can give is to try and get a little more distance between you and the rope. I realize that can be difficult sometimes especially if you have to share a lane, or the lanes are narrow, or you share with someone who doesn't share your definition of the word "share," or some combination of all three!
  • I'm a lane line hugger and due to thinning skin (age), on the few occasions that I hit the lane line, I've ended up badly bruised or bleeding from cut skin. Last week, I had to stop my workout, as the lane line "fileted" the skin off my knuckle, causing bleeding. Ouch! Is there any hope that in the near future, these awful rock hard plastic lane lines will be replaced with swimmer friendly material? honestly, if the beads on the ropes go soft, they start to snap off and then instead of just filleted skin, you have to worry about slicing a finger off because the beads have turned into ninja shirukens. Best advice I can give is to try and get a little more distance between you and the rope. I realize that can be difficult sometimes especially if you have to share a lane, or the lanes are narrow, or you share with someone who doesn't share your definition of the word "share," or some combination of all three!
Children
No Data