Highest yearly swim totals

One of our swimmers on the Elgin Blue Wave Masters team brought up a guy who swims 14,000 yards a day each and every day to achieve his yearly total. I find this really difficult to comprehend. Has anyone heard of such swimmers?
Parents
  • How many meters do you cover in those three hours, out of curiosity? When I swim 3 hours, it is usually at a place like Barton Springs in Austin. I can cruise a bit at the beginning, before it gets busy, but spend the last 30+ minutes dodging people (and having to swim on one side for the diving board). So in 3 hours probably 6 miles. But I'll only do that once or twice to peak for a swim. Most of my long swims there will be 2 to 2-1/2 hours, keeping about that same pace, 30 minutes per mile (I'm faster in a pool and for organized events, especially with a current). The, "pool," is 1/8 mile long, and I mentally measure my distance in miles rather than meters or yards.
  • How many meters do you cover in those three hours, out of curiosity? When I swim 3 hours, it is usually at a place like Barton Springs in Austin. I can cruise a bit at the beginning, before it gets busy, but spend the last 30+ minutes dodging people (and having to swim on one side for the diving board). So in 3 hours probably 6 miles. But I'll only do that once or twice to peak for a swim. Most of my long swims there will be 2 to 2-1/2 hours, keeping about that same pace, 30 minutes per mile (I'm faster in a pool and for organized events, especially with a current). The, "pool," is 1/8 mile long, and I mentally measure my distance in miles rather than meters or yards.
Children
No Data