Highest yearly swim totals

One of our swimmers on the Elgin Blue Wave Masters team brought up a guy who swims 14,000 yards a day each and every day to achieve his yearly total. I find this really difficult to comprehend. Has anyone heard of such swimmers?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Just doing the napkin math, I think during peak training I was averaging ~ 50,000 a week in college. I probably hit close to that a few times as a post grad in my mid 20s. Now on a great week I am 22-27,000 a week. same 10-12/day 4 days a week and then another couple days of 6-7k... and that was low compared to what I did in club before college. Now? 12-14/wk rather than per day. Come to think of it... maybe that is why I am so much slower!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Just doing the napkin math, I think during peak training I was averaging ~ 50,000 a week in college. I probably hit close to that a few times as a post grad in my mid 20s. Now on a great week I am 22-27,000 a week. same 10-12/day 4 days a week and then another couple days of 6-7k... and that was low compared to what I did in club before college. Now? 12-14/wk rather than per day. Come to think of it... maybe that is why I am so much slower!
Children
No Data