Senior Games?

Anyone willing to share experience swimming Senior Games, especially in Florida? I am just turning 50 so can now swim these, and it looks like my schedule can fit the Good Life meet in Clearwater. Curious how these meets might differ from typical masters meets, aside from that whippersnappers are not allowed. (Mostly looking to get some races in to see if I will be OK for Nationals this year after a year of injuries.)
Parents
  • So you have to qualify at the State level to go to National Senior Games (google senior Olympics or senior games. Most you have to qualify at a local/regional level first, but if it's your first games, many states will let you bypass the local meet. I think if you place 1-3 in the state meet in your event and AG, you can go to the games. Also, if you aren't able to make your own state, some states allow you to qualify in theirs without hurting their resident's chances. For instance, I was injured for TN games last year and went to IL to qualify about a month later. My times didn't affect the other people in my race/AG who were from IL - the top 3 from that state still went. It's such a fun experience, I'd highly recommend you giving it a go. Everyone was so friendly and supportive of each other and we got to make many new friends. There aren't many of us in the 50's AGs so you're likely to make it. :) Here's a link to the national records and the times from last year in ABQ. https://nsga.com/records The altitude was killer the first couple of days for most of us so times in many cases were a bit slower.
  • So you have to qualify at the State level to go to National Senior Games (google senior Olympics or senior games. Most you have to qualify at a local/regional level first, but if it's your first games, many states will let you bypass the local meet. I think if you place 1-3 in the state meet in your event and AG, you can go to the games. Also, if you aren't able to make your own state, some states allow you to qualify in theirs without hurting their resident's chances. For instance, I was injured for TN games last year and went to IL to qualify about a month later. My times didn't affect the other people in my race/AG who were from IL - the top 3 from that state still went. It's such a fun experience, I'd highly recommend you giving it a go. Everyone was so friendly and supportive of each other and we got to make many new friends. There aren't many of us in the 50's AGs so you're likely to make it. :) Here's a link to the national records and the times from last year in ABQ. https://nsga.com/records The altitude was killer the first couple of days for most of us so times in many cases were a bit slower.
Children
No Data