Pre-meet routines?

I had a conversation about pre-meet routines with a few of my masters swimmers before the holidays, thought it'd be interesting to see what y'all do. Here are my routines: Generic fall in-season meet: Verify I've got a tech suit that's not too stretched out Verify my general music, pump-up music, and mellow music playlists are up to date Generic post-holidays in-season meet: Switch to my Nationals tech suit from the previous season Though I keep a full beard in-season, I shave any stubble around the beard Same as above for the music playlists In-season focus meet: Same as above but add in trim my toenails :D Nationals/other shave and taper meet if I can't go to Nats: Get a new tech suit Wacky hair for the two days prior to the meet (I've done mutton chops, burnsides, handlebar, and a mohawk in the past, I like to change it up year to year), then full shave the first day of the meet Trim my toenails :D Revamp music playlists Ensure that I have two new assembled pairs of swedes and at least two more unassembled pairs No Dr Pepper or other kinds of pop for a week prior to the meet Get a long massage 3-5 days before my first day of the meet Anyone else got any idiosyncratic routines before meets?
Parents
  • I find it very calming to have a ritual for big meets and I try to do the same thing every time. Ideally get to the meet 2 days before to familiarize with the setting and get in the meet pool the day before if possible and do my regular meet warm up. Meet day, eat a big breakfast and plan to arrive 3 hr before my first swim. Probably can't warmup in the meet pool, so warm up in the warmup pool, then go meditate and visualize the race for 30-45 minutes. If time, talk with friends. 40 min before race put on tech suit and begin dryland warm up. 10 minutes before race begin focusing on the cadence of the starter. Are they slow or quick between "take your marks" and the beep. Continue dry land warm up until getting on blocks, but put on gogglres and caps 2 minutes before swim.( put on goggles relatively late to avoid fogging.)
  • I find it very calming to have a ritual for big meets and I try to do the same thing every time. Ideally get to the meet 2 days before to familiarize with the setting and get in the meet pool the day before if possible and do my regular meet warm up. Meet day, eat a big breakfast and plan to arrive 3 hr before my first swim. Probably can't warmup in the meet pool, so warm up in the warmup pool, then go meditate and visualize the race for 30-45 minutes. If time, talk with friends. 40 min before race put on tech suit and begin dryland warm up. 10 minutes before race begin focusing on the cadence of the starter. Are they slow or quick between "take your marks" and the beep. Continue dry land warm up until getting on blocks, but put on gogglres and caps 2 minutes before swim.( put on goggles relatively late to avoid fogging.)
Children
No Data