2019 Go the Distance: Did you achieve your goal?

Did you achieve your GTD goal this year? I hope you all are pleased with your 2019 Go the Distance results! I set a goal for 300 miles, and I have just 1,500 yards left to go. I'm on my way to the pool for a 2,500 yard workout, so I'll make it today! :banana: I'm going to celebrate by trying out my new Finis monofin. :D My 300 miles for the year pale in comparison to two of my Georgia Masters teammates, Pat Eddy and Chris Greene who each swam over 2,000 miles for the year! I will be writing about them in an article for the Georgia Masters Newsletter, and one of the questions I want to ask is: How do you prevent repetitive stress injuries swimming so much mileage? I kept 2019 injury-free by doing a daily 20-minute pre-swim dynamic stretching warm-up, and a lot of static stretching and yoga following my swim sessions. I also do 3 x week Theraband exercises, sit-ups, and push-ups. (I'm now up to 100 military push-ups per session as sets of 15 and one fast ten push-up set at the end.) What was your GTD goal for 2019? Did you achieve it? What is your GTD goal for 2020? (Mine is 300 miles again.) Good luck, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :party2: :wine:
Parents
  • I've set a goal of 500 miles nearly since Go The Distance has been around (and there was a free suit at 500 miles :) ) Even though there's no longer a free suit, I've still set a goal of 500 miles. This year, I finished with just over 641 miles, my highest-distance year of swimming ever. I posted some thoughts and highlights over in my blog here: forums.usms.org/entry.php
  • I've set a goal of 500 miles nearly since Go The Distance has been around (and there was a free suit at 500 miles :) ) Even though there's no longer a free suit, I've still set a goal of 500 miles. This year, I finished with just over 641 miles, my highest-distance year of swimming ever. I posted some thoughts and highlights over in my blog here: forums.usms.org/entry.php
Children
No Data