Aquakinetics!

Former Member
Former Member
To anyone who uses the lap pool for Aquakinetics, I do not mean to offend. I suffer from an inner ear disorder (vertigo, tinnitus, motion sickness). A severe vertigo attack while running scared me enough to stop running. It's nothing short of a miracle that I can swim. I pick times at the pool when there are no Aquakinetics, zumba, swim team practice, or other big wave producing classes, so these times are few and far between. Our pool is 25 yds. and 7 ' at deepest end. Not very wave proof. At exactly the same time I swim, this guy has been coming in and taking a lane, and for 2 hours he pushes the water around with his arms, creating added waves, doing some version of Aquakinetics. Please don't blast me, it's so unpleasant and I don't get what it is actually doing for him, other than annoying me (and other swimmers who actually want to use a lane). It's not his problem that I have motion sensitivity, but I can't move my time around. I'm not a competitive swimmer, but I do work hard in the pool. Thanks for listening to my rant.:blah:
Parents
  • Not sure what the lane situation is, or if there are lane ropes, but anecdotally, I'll say that when I swim fly, and maybe *** I'm not sure, the people I typically see in the same window will not use the adjacent lane. If there are multiple lanes, and one of the outer lanes is available, perhaps you could ask the guy it he could use it, and try to put a lane between you and him? As stated above, if your time windw is variable, that would be the easiest thing.
  • Not sure what the lane situation is, or if there are lane ropes, but anecdotally, I'll say that when I swim fly, and maybe *** I'm not sure, the people I typically see in the same window will not use the adjacent lane. If there are multiple lanes, and one of the outer lanes is available, perhaps you could ask the guy it he could use it, and try to put a lane between you and him? As stated above, if your time windw is variable, that would be the easiest thing.
Children
No Data