Rotator cuff issues

i have been unable to swim for the last 1 1/2 years because of multiple surgeries and the rehab time. when i tried t swim again, both of my shoulders were seriously hurting. My dr, said RC issues and prescribed PT. After 3 months of PT there was almost no change and he suggested surgery. After 3e surgeries last year i am in no rush to more and have stopped PT. Listening to the news the other evening this was discussed. Has anyone had something like this? What were the results? I have an appt with the dr. seen in the nbc site. www.nbcwashington.com/.../Implant-Derived-From-Cow-Helps-Patients-Recover-From-Torn-Rotator-Cuff_Washington-DC-564948482.html Bioinductive Implant?Arlene
Parents
  • That’s what I notice - the things moving around in there . It feels like the shoulder breaking in more than anything. One sure thing which is good is that every month feels better than the prior, just very slow. Had tenodesis reattachment, debridment, chondroplasty, 3 anchors, and 4 holes drilled in the shoulder, (like your 2nd one). I was in the pool at 4 weeks kicking and letting arm drag behind. I think I slowed down healing a few times with sudden movements, but my BIGGEST mistake was not getting a recliner to sleep in until 2nd month
  • That’s what I notice - the things moving around in there . It feels like the shoulder breaking in more than anything. One sure thing which is good is that every month feels better than the prior, just very slow. Had tenodesis reattachment, debridment, chondroplasty, 3 anchors, and 4 holes drilled in the shoulder, (like your 2nd one). I was in the pool at 4 weeks kicking and letting arm drag behind. I think I slowed down healing a few times with sudden movements, but my BIGGEST mistake was not getting a recliner to sleep in until 2nd month
Children
No Data