The Race Club camp for Masters

Former Member
Former Member
Any thoughts on this? They've got my interest based on the beautiful setting and the timing before nationals.... theraceclub.com/.../
Parents
  • My training partner and I, two women, attended the first camp held in Coronado a few years ago. It was underwhelming to say the least. At that time they were not really set up for Masters swimmers. We, 50+ year olds, were with a bunch of teenagers, some quite young. The structure of some of the sessions was a mess. And Gary sometimes just rambled on when it seemed that it would be more beneficial to get in the water. My two cents, I’d spend the money elsewhere. I have a private session with my coach once a month and it’s definitely much more productive than spending $1500 or whatever the cost is now for a Race Camp weekend.
  • My training partner and I, two women, attended the first camp held in Coronado a few years ago. It was underwhelming to say the least. At that time they were not really set up for Masters swimmers. We, 50+ year olds, were with a bunch of teenagers, some quite young. The structure of some of the sessions was a mess. And Gary sometimes just rambled on when it seemed that it would be more beneficial to get in the water. My two cents, I’d spend the money elsewhere. I have a private session with my coach once a month and it’s definitely much more productive than spending $1500 or whatever the cost is now for a Race Camp weekend.
Children
No Data