A question about technique vs strength

Former Member
Former Member
For a 54-year old (that's me), which is more critical to limit the potential swim speed between flawed technique and unathletic strength? Well, I'll actually try to improve both. However, many people around me mainly focus on swimming more laps and gym workout, while don't bother about improving their technique at all, despite their techniques being far from efficient.
Parents
  • However, most of the many that I mentioned were practicing for triathlon. They were "training", but with a mindset that all they need to do is to swim continuously without stoping for more and more miles. A few of them earn pretty good 1k PB training this way diligently, although I think that they can go faster if improve technique. The guys I mentioned want to get better, and work on it a little. However, it is just impractical to put too much effort into swimming. You'll spend, what, 15% of the time swimming, and 85% on the other two? Most of the triathletes I've talked to swim only once a week, which as we all know, isn't enough to even hold a decent stroke together.
  • However, most of the many that I mentioned were practicing for triathlon. They were "training", but with a mindset that all they need to do is to swim continuously without stoping for more and more miles. A few of them earn pretty good 1k PB training this way diligently, although I think that they can go faster if improve technique. The guys I mentioned want to get better, and work on it a little. However, it is just impractical to put too much effort into swimming. You'll spend, what, 15% of the time swimming, and 85% on the other two? Most of the triathletes I've talked to swim only once a week, which as we all know, isn't enough to even hold a decent stroke together.
Children
No Data