USA Swimming under federal investigation.

I just found this in my AOL feed this morning: www.aol.com/.../ :censor:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Where would it state that parents could not watch a practice? This is not normal. I've heard of some HS coaches in other sports banning parents from practice, because sports parents can be pretty awful. (I've had to lay down some stringent rules for parents at hockey practices before.) Any (sports) program could probably put it in their code of conduct, but I would see it as a significant red flag, even if you had a team with a high coach/player ratio and lots of very involved and very background checked adults. (My dad frequently *chose* not to attend our practices, but he was never actively forbidden from doing so.)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Where would it state that parents could not watch a practice? This is not normal. I've heard of some HS coaches in other sports banning parents from practice, because sports parents can be pretty awful. (I've had to lay down some stringent rules for parents at hockey practices before.) Any (sports) program could probably put it in their code of conduct, but I would see it as a significant red flag, even if you had a team with a high coach/player ratio and lots of very involved and very background checked adults. (My dad frequently *chose* not to attend our practices, but he was never actively forbidden from doing so.)
Children
No Data