DQ overturned

Former Member
Former Member
Parents
  • It should NOT be a sexual issue, but the mom from last year and the female swim official are making it seem so, not the media. The initial reports cited a coach who stated "Lauren Langford, who coaches swimming at another high school in the area, told The Washington Post that she believes racism, in addition to sexism, may have been a factor," They also reported that the parent the prior year was a male "indicated to the parent who took the photographs that it was not permissible for him to take pictures " Those are from the Washington Post, where I first saw it. It was discussed on NPR, and countless other news outlets have reported essentially the same thing. I just am discouraged that we seem to automatically just go there before we know anything.
  • It should NOT be a sexual issue, but the mom from last year and the female swim official are making it seem so, not the media. The initial reports cited a coach who stated "Lauren Langford, who coaches swimming at another high school in the area, told The Washington Post that she believes racism, in addition to sexism, may have been a factor," They also reported that the parent the prior year was a male "indicated to the parent who took the photographs that it was not permissible for him to take pictures " Those are from the Washington Post, where I first saw it. It was discussed on NPR, and countless other news outlets have reported essentially the same thing. I just am discouraged that we seem to automatically just go there before we know anything.
Children
No Data