Are the expensive jammers really faster

When I started, the most advanced suit was he nylon brief. Clearly the "shiny suits" were faster, but they covered your whole body. Jammers cover such a smaller area I have to wonder how much difference the top of the line ones make vs more affordable. Has anyone done testing or any objective measure? Shaving down makes about 1 second/100 difference for me and every .01 sec can be important, but is there even .01 sec difference between good jammers and top of the line?
Parents
  • I’ve noticed improvements with even a tyr tech brief, but not as much of an improvement as the ap12 tyr jammer (still in use). Regarding shaving, I get an advantage of a suit over a fresh shave. It would be an interesting experiment. Requires use of a lane for 2 days, a timer, and video for all but one of the swims. 50m fr AFAP: day 1, unshaven • completely naked • $10 suit • $400 jammer • full body suit day 2, just shaved • completely naked • $10 suit • tech brief • $400 jammer A 100 would show experimental differences better, but fatigue would be an issue
  • I’ve noticed improvements with even a tyr tech brief, but not as much of an improvement as the ap12 tyr jammer (still in use). Regarding shaving, I get an advantage of a suit over a fresh shave. It would be an interesting experiment. Requires use of a lane for 2 days, a timer, and video for all but one of the swims. 50m fr AFAP: day 1, unshaven • completely naked • $10 suit • $400 jammer • full body suit day 2, just shaved • completely naked • $10 suit • tech brief • $400 jammer A 100 would show experimental differences better, but fatigue would be an issue
Children
No Data