FORM swim goggles

Just wondering if anyone can comment on their experience with these? I'm curious as to what technology they use for measuring distance indoors, and/or in an open water environment. www.formswim.com/.../form-swim-goggles Dan
Parents
  • I bought these and as a distance swimmer, I love them. There are three pool settings, 25m, 25y, 50m. As other's have mentioned you can set a variety of different metrics, but I basically have 100 pace and distance displayed on mine. What I use it for: * usually when I'm doing longer stuff. I like to be able to see my pace per 100 when swimming above a 200 free. I feel being able to see my splits and pace actually push me to go faster. * when I want it to just record how long the practice is without having to add up the distance in my head. This is usually master's practices with one team where the coach only shows one set at a time. I find it hard to add everything up at the end or keep track, so I wear the goggles there so I know how much yardage there was. What I don't use them for: * Usually stroke or IM work. While I found that it has done a good job identifying strokes for me, I just don't find the splits and feedback as beneficial. This may just be me though. * Very tight interval sets. It needs about 4-5 seconds to judge that you are at rest instead of a turn. If you are doing a tight set (like 10x100 on SI) it'll treat it as one giant swim. Nice tool that I use often, just not every time I swim.
  • I bought these and as a distance swimmer, I love them. There are three pool settings, 25m, 25y, 50m. As other's have mentioned you can set a variety of different metrics, but I basically have 100 pace and distance displayed on mine. What I use it for: * usually when I'm doing longer stuff. I like to be able to see my pace per 100 when swimming above a 200 free. I feel being able to see my splits and pace actually push me to go faster. * when I want it to just record how long the practice is without having to add up the distance in my head. This is usually master's practices with one team where the coach only shows one set at a time. I find it hard to add everything up at the end or keep track, so I wear the goggles there so I know how much yardage there was. What I don't use them for: * Usually stroke or IM work. While I found that it has done a good job identifying strokes for me, I just don't find the splits and feedback as beneficial. This may just be me though. * Very tight interval sets. It needs about 4-5 seconds to judge that you are at rest instead of a turn. If you are doing a tight set (like 10x100 on SI) it'll treat it as one giant swim. Nice tool that I use often, just not every time I swim.
Children
No Data