Swimming and "golfer's elbow"

Anyone have experience continuing to swim with "golfers' elbow" (aka: medial epicondylitis)? I've got a slight case of it...I don't play golf...I'm sure it's the result of swinging an axe to take out a couple of shrubs a few weeks ago. I've researched it on the web and all my symptoms point to it being golfers elbow. It's tendonitis at the inner RIGHT elbow (for right handlers) right where the tendon attached to that pointy bone on the inside of the elbow. I've been trying to self-treat it with massage, ice, and NSAIDs. It's not affecting my strength...YET. But it's not getting any better. Probably slowly getting worse. I'm not asking medical advice from the internet...I'm probably going to end up going to the doctor for it. Just wondering if anyone has had it, and if the pressure on your hand from swimming will make it worse? Dan
Parents
  • Mike, Your discription of you specific pain makes me wonder if you might have epicondylitis vs. epicondylosis. My understanding is that the "-itis" is a tendonitis, and "-osis" is a growth of some sort in that area that is the root of the pain. Dan
  • Mike, Your discription of you specific pain makes me wonder if you might have epicondylitis vs. epicondylosis. My understanding is that the "-itis" is a tendonitis, and "-osis" is a growth of some sort in that area that is the root of the pain. Dan
Children
No Data