F I N A swims 2019

It amazes me that swimmers now can break old "full tech suits "swims! I have been watching the nightly swims and see the effort being put into training for the events and the results. I'm not sure of some of the dq calls but, I'm not a ref at the meet. Sorry that Katie has been sick. I would have liked to see her 1,500 free swim.
Parents
  • It amazes me that swimmers now can break old "full tech suits "swims! I am suspicious that the suit manufacturers can now make "fabric" suits that are just about as good as the 2008-era tech suits. They are still limited in coverage now, but if you feel some of the new suits they sure feel very "tech". Related observation: MP wore leggings, not a full body suit, for his fly events at the 2008 Olympics. At 2009 Worlds he wore a speedo, not the rubberized Jaked that took out so many records. (Note his lane-line sitting, suit-stretching celebration after the 100 fly.) Those are two of the tech suit records to fall. The 2009-era rubberized full-body suits are still substantially more advanced though. Biederman's 200 FR record is safe for now.
  • It amazes me that swimmers now can break old "full tech suits "swims! I am suspicious that the suit manufacturers can now make "fabric" suits that are just about as good as the 2008-era tech suits. They are still limited in coverage now, but if you feel some of the new suits they sure feel very "tech". Related observation: MP wore leggings, not a full body suit, for his fly events at the 2008 Olympics. At 2009 Worlds he wore a speedo, not the rubberized Jaked that took out so many records. (Note his lane-line sitting, suit-stretching celebration after the 100 fly.) Those are two of the tech suit records to fall. The 2009-era rubberized full-body suits are still substantially more advanced though. Biederman's 200 FR record is safe for now.
Children
No Data