New Swim Logging/Tracking at the USMS-Swim.com Site

Former Member
Former Member
Greetings All: I assume everyone got the email from membership about the new USMS-Swim.com partnership for workout tracking. The FLOG here will connect with a new account at Swim.com and provide a lot of new features especially for people who wear fitness trackers. Anyone signed up over there yet? What do you think of the changes?
Parents
  • I have one word for you - WHY? The old FLOG was easy to use, you could easily compare your distance to other people and to your previous months/years. I entered my two swims for yesterday in the app and I guess it didn't like it because it logged one swim as Friday and the other as Saturday. The pace (time per 100) is meaningless, particularly when you are doing drills or kicking - it's simply a measure of the time you spent in the water divided by your mileage. You may have provided "new" features, but the old features that were actually pretty valuable are gone. Regarding the leaderboard - it doesn't look like it's accurate at all. I can't find my name on the listing, no matter how many times I filter it. Also, is there a way to filter by country and state and to keep the filter settings locked in so I don't have to go fix it every single time? Honestly, I don't really care how many miles some dude in Berlin claims to have gone since 1999. Maybe the powers that be did the research ahead of time to see if this was something that would be valuable to us FLOGgers, but this is the kind of thing that actually makes me NOT want to sign up for USMS next year since the FLOG was one of the most valuable and motivating factors of my membership. I love technology perhaps more than the average person, and I never swim without my Apple watch, but this seems like technology for technology's sake.
  • I have one word for you - WHY? The old FLOG was easy to use, you could easily compare your distance to other people and to your previous months/years. I entered my two swims for yesterday in the app and I guess it didn't like it because it logged one swim as Friday and the other as Saturday. The pace (time per 100) is meaningless, particularly when you are doing drills or kicking - it's simply a measure of the time you spent in the water divided by your mileage. You may have provided "new" features, but the old features that were actually pretty valuable are gone. Regarding the leaderboard - it doesn't look like it's accurate at all. I can't find my name on the listing, no matter how many times I filter it. Also, is there a way to filter by country and state and to keep the filter settings locked in so I don't have to go fix it every single time? Honestly, I don't really care how many miles some dude in Berlin claims to have gone since 1999. Maybe the powers that be did the research ahead of time to see if this was something that would be valuable to us FLOGgers, but this is the kind of thing that actually makes me NOT want to sign up for USMS next year since the FLOG was one of the most valuable and motivating factors of my membership. I love technology perhaps more than the average person, and I never swim without my Apple watch, but this seems like technology for technology's sake.
Children
No Data