Return to form after a week off

For those who train several days a week, how long does it typically take to return to form after taking one week off from swimming? I recently went on vacation and wasn't able to train and must now build back what was lost over the week off. I generally train 5 or 6 days a week, 3500-4000 per day. I've taken weeks off in the past and based on my experience it appears after one week back I have my feel for the water, after two weeks I'm roughly 80-90% to where I was, then by the third week close to 100%. Interested in hearing what others experience. For reference, 44 years old. thx
Parents
  • OP here. Thanks for all the responses. It’s now three weeks since the week off for July 4th so I thought I’d share my findings. Overall the past three weeks have mirrored my prior experiences with coming back after a week off and I felt very close to the levels of performance I outlined in the initial post. One additional observation, during the first week back I do notice extra energy. As noted the times are slow, but I’m able to complete long sets, due to the week off allowing the body to recover from heavy training. Agree with several of your responses, age matters. Also, a few related comments on making a point to swim a day or two while on vacation – I’ve only done this once and yes it reduces the ramp up time significantly.
  • OP here. Thanks for all the responses. It’s now three weeks since the week off for July 4th so I thought I’d share my findings. Overall the past three weeks have mirrored my prior experiences with coming back after a week off and I felt very close to the levels of performance I outlined in the initial post. One additional observation, during the first week back I do notice extra energy. As noted the times are slow, but I’m able to complete long sets, due to the week off allowing the body to recover from heavy training. Agree with several of your responses, age matters. Also, a few related comments on making a point to swim a day or two while on vacation – I’ve only done this once and yes it reduces the ramp up time significantly.
Children
No Data