Return to form after a week off

For those who train several days a week, how long does it typically take to return to form after taking one week off from swimming? I recently went on vacation and wasn't able to train and must now build back what was lost over the week off. I generally train 5 or 6 days a week, 3500-4000 per day. I've taken weeks off in the past and based on my experience it appears after one week back I have my feel for the water, after two weeks I'm roughly 80-90% to where I was, then by the third week close to 100%. Interested in hearing what others experience. For reference, 44 years old. thx
Parents
  • I'm about your age (45), and unfortunately had periods where I miss. And my recovery is very similar to yours. And it seems like every time I get back up on the horse, I have a delay. Kids' LSC championship this past weekend made me miss 5 days. We have Futures next weekend, that'll probably take at least 4. Basically my whole Summer has been shot, I'll probably be lucky to be back in form by mid October......about the time we'll have to go who knows where for Fall Break.
  • I'm about your age (45), and unfortunately had periods where I miss. And my recovery is very similar to yours. And it seems like every time I get back up on the horse, I have a delay. Kids' LSC championship this past weekend made me miss 5 days. We have Futures next weekend, that'll probably take at least 4. Basically my whole Summer has been shot, I'll probably be lucky to be back in form by mid October......about the time we'll have to go who knows where for Fall Break.
Children
No Data