Swim Toys

Hi all: I am trying to improve my swims (Aren't we all!). A. I have pulled the trigger to buy a cheap camera so that I can video record my turns and strokes. I have no experience recording so any advise would be helpful. I've had several coaches/retired coaches and swimmer royalty comment to help me. Changing form is tough for me, I have to slow down and change only one thing each practice or I can make it part of my form. I guess I have to break down form and reach for the low hanging fruit (meaning change the worst part of my form that will give me the best time improvements. If anyone knows of a good site or that will help in form deconstruction i'm all ears. B. Does anyone use headphones to listen to music while working out? If so, post brand and if you are happy or any recommendations. C. Swim watches. Google came out with a new swim watch. Reviews? Comments. In the past I have tried to use tempo electronics to improve speed ( arm speed leg kick etc). I have also needed some kind of stop watch for 50's, 100's and 200's (the clock is not always visible and I lose track constantly). I am so focused on form and changing arm position and leg kicks that I lose track of distance. Any toy recommendations for this? (Buler, Buler Buler?). D. Please list any swim tool that you think will help. Kind Regards to any swimmy that can help.
Parents
  • I tried swimming with music, and the rush of water, (or maybe it’s my own blood flow, who knows) made it unenjoyable. I also have a smart watch, but it annoys me when I swim breaststroke, because the strap will catch the water, so I only use it for OW races. My favorite toy(s) - other than goggles (remember when goggles were new?!!) are my pull body and paddles. Sometimes I’ll put on fins for a kick set, and I make myself use my snorkel for at least 4-500 every workout, but only because I know it’s good for me.
  • I tried swimming with music, and the rush of water, (or maybe it’s my own blood flow, who knows) made it unenjoyable. I also have a smart watch, but it annoys me when I swim breaststroke, because the strap will catch the water, so I only use it for OW races. My favorite toy(s) - other than goggles (remember when goggles were new?!!) are my pull body and paddles. Sometimes I’ll put on fins for a kick set, and I make myself use my snorkel for at least 4-500 every workout, but only because I know it’s good for me.
Children
No Data