No kick

I'm something of a newbie to masters, though I've been swimming a long time. I have no kick, zero, nada. I have tried at masters swim workouts, but if I attempt to move down the lane using kick only, I float absolutely still in the water. If I kick a lot, I get cramps in feet and calfs. What to do???
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to time them today and figure it out. As an answer to one reply regarding the other students not giving their all for kicking drills... I do know that the coach has kick drills called "catch Mary (my daughter)", and it gets pretty competitive. They don't come close. After reading many comments in this thread about ankle stretching, I believe the fact that she is extremely hypermobile due to a connective tissue disorder might come into play here as well. I'll post the times later. Again, Thanks!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to time them today and figure it out. As an answer to one reply regarding the other students not giving their all for kicking drills... I do know that the coach has kick drills called "catch Mary (my daughter)", and it gets pretty competitive. They don't come close. After reading many comments in this thread about ankle stretching, I believe the fact that she is extremely hypermobile due to a connective tissue disorder might come into play here as well. I'll post the times later. Again, Thanks!
Children
No Data