Oversized Paddles

Former Member
Former Member
My swim buddy is doing long distance swims with over sized Michael Phelps paddles. Can this harm her physically ?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I love finis agility paddles and typically just do a little drill or technique work. Recently I started doing more volume with the paddles at our team practices and BOOM shoulder impingement symptoms. Add the buoy and its worse- I lose all hip rotation. I've cut back distance and dropped the paddles and two weeks later its still a little painful. I think some people can use it and some can't, but would be cautious if any pain and ramp up slowly!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I love finis agility paddles and typically just do a little drill or technique work. Recently I started doing more volume with the paddles at our team practices and BOOM shoulder impingement symptoms. Add the buoy and its worse- I lose all hip rotation. I've cut back distance and dropped the paddles and two weeks later its still a little painful. I think some people can use it and some can't, but would be cautious if any pain and ramp up slowly!
Children
No Data