LCM Swimming after...no LCM for a loooong time

Former Member
Former Member
Heya All: My regular coach is leaving our group & it is time for a change. I'll be going on Monday to another of our team's practice pools that has a great coach & workout group. Difference is that I've been swimming all short-course yards (SCY) so far and this pool is always configured long-course meters (LCM.) I've not swum in an LCM pool decades. More than three it seems. Any tips, comments, funny stories about making such a change? :) I know stamina is an issue that is critical and kicking becomes even more important. What else do y'all know about it? All I remember from my high school & college days was that at the beginning of summer season the pool looked reeeeealllllly looooooong.
Parents
  • Though the 200BR...it's so loooooong seeming right now. :blush: I swam the 200 *** at nationals in April (SCY) and at the meet last week (LCM). I'd much rather swim it LCM, since it is only 4 lengths. Just the thought of swimming a 200 in workout seems very daunting to me. I'm planning to head down to Barton Springs this Sunday. Maybe I'll do an ULCM loop of ***; that is Ultra Long Course Meters ;) One of my loops there is about 1/4 mile. We'll see how I'm feeling once I get warmed up. When I swim o/w I usually mix in some *** and back, especially if there is stuff to see, and backstroke under bridges.
  • Though the 200BR...it's so loooooong seeming right now. :blush: I swam the 200 *** at nationals in April (SCY) and at the meet last week (LCM). I'd much rather swim it LCM, since it is only 4 lengths. Just the thought of swimming a 200 in workout seems very daunting to me. I'm planning to head down to Barton Springs this Sunday. Maybe I'll do an ULCM loop of ***; that is Ultra Long Course Meters ;) One of my loops there is about 1/4 mile. We'll see how I'm feeling once I get warmed up. When I swim o/w I usually mix in some *** and back, especially if there is stuff to see, and backstroke under bridges.
Children
No Data